Students at Ohr Chadash Academy have the opportunity to participate in Art class once a week. Using a wide range of textures, materials, designs, and colors, students learn basic to complex art techniques. In art class, students are encouraged to express themselves through their projects in a safe, nurturing way. Students and parents are invited to view various projects created throughout the year at our annual Art Show.
Through a partnership with Coppermine Fieldhouse, we have enhanced our PE program. For 6 weeks, students will participate in a themed activity. After 6 weeks, themes will switch. Themes include: Team Building and Movement, Dribbling, Fitness, Creative Movement, Hand-Eye Coordination, Throwing & Catching, and Trapping. The classes will have a clear focus on these five standards:
- Demonstrate competency in a variety of motor skills and movement patterns.
- Apply knowledge of concepts, principles, strategies and tactics related to movement and performance.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills to achieve and maintain a health-enhancing level of physical activity and fitness.
- Exhibit responsible personal and social behavior that respects self and others.
- Recognize the value of physical activity for health, enjoyment, challenge, self-expression and/or social interaction.
Twice a month, Ohr Chadash Academy students in grades K-3 participate in music class. Students develop an understanding of music through singing and movement. Listening to the teacher play, students gain an understanding of a variety of musical languages. Jewish and American themes are taught and students practice for their special programs during music class.
Once a week, students in K-5 attend their chosen elective class for that semester. Choices change each semester and students are given the options for them to rank according to their interest before being placed in one of their choices. Electives motivate each child to develop their abilities, serve others, teach a skill they have to others, and more. This participation is another window through which teachers and friends learn about your child. Some examples of elective options are: tennis, scrapbooking, photography, environmental club, space odyssey, fun with food, 3D printing, machine shop, and Judaic Puppet Theater.
- Office 410-999-2200
- Fax 443-740-9233